What We Do
Mingus Manor was formed in an effort to help individuals and their senior
pets when circumstances become unmanageable due to medical illness, loss of independent housing (moving to a nursing home),
and terminal diagnosis. When family and friends can't take responsibility for a loved one's pet, we may be able to help.
Our goal is to comfortably house, through foster homes, and provide veterinary
care for all Mingus Manor residents while they enjoy their golden years.
The following requirements must be met before we can accept your pet:
- Dogs must be at least 10 years of age to be considered as "senior"
- We cannot accept Cats at this time
- All animals must be spayed or neutered
- Special Needs animals will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
- A $200 intake fee per animal will be charged to help defray initial veterinary
visit for exam and bloodwork, which is mandatory for each animal to have upon owner release.